Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Low speed on 2,4Gz mode

Hi.

We have a system with: Controller 7010 ArubaOS 6.5.4.4 and 13 access points Aruba AP 305.
At the first time system worked in Instant mode (Virtual Controller) and working was fine.

But when we connected our ap`s with Controller 7010  we get the trouble with 2,4Gz mode. Realy speed of 2,4Gz mode was 0.5-1 Mbps for all users.
When we back to Instant mode of Controller, problem is resolving.

We also tested 2,4Gz mode on Controller 7010 with anothers AP`s.
For example, when we use AP-103 with the same configurations as on AP-305 then non trouble detected on 2,4Gz mode. AP was only replacing and without any reconfigurations.

We also tested different ArubaOS 6.5.4.0 / ArubaOS 6.5.4.4 and get the same bad result.

Now we don`t understand why that is happen. Trouble with only 2,4Gz mode and only on AP-305.
Can you help us with this issue?

Guru Elite

Re: Low speed on 2,4Gz mode

We need more information.  The default configuration for Instant and controllers is different.  

On the controller, go to the Dashboard and get a printscreen of Dashboard> Performance.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

Ok.

Now I am connected 1 my AP-305 to Controller with test SSID. It`s because i don`t can transfer my working client to not working network.
If any client go to my test WLAN, he get the same low speed as 0.5 Mbs

If you want to see quality of channel, pls see in attachment.
or what do you want to see ?

Guru Elite

Channel Busy on the 2.4ghz band for that access point is already between 40 and 50% which is already bad for a single access point.  Adding more access points will make that worse.  Do you have other wifi deployed in the area?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

For now in this area i have my 12 AP-305, what is now working fine and connected via Virtual Controller. Also in area we are see another`s AP our neighbors.

And what is interesting, that only client connected to our tested AP-305 vs Controller7010 has bad result of speed.

Any client and guest who connected now to our another AP on 2,4Gz in this place has fine work and good speed.

Now we don`t plane adding more access points but we want to our 13 ap`s be in working mode with our Controller 7010.

Frequent Contributor I

That is strange. Have you tried disabling the low data rates in the controller?

Kevin

Occasional Contributor I

Hi, Kevin

Low data rates - it was a first moment what i disabled.

Configuration > AP Group > Edit "default" > WLAN > Virtual AP > SSID > Advanced

Screen in attachment

Have any ideas for me to next step ?

Frequent Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.

This behavior seems to be a bit strange. As a next step, I would implement some best practices in RF (I know the documents may be a bit old, but the principles should still apply)

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/RF-and-Roaming-Optimization-for-Aruba-802-11ac-Networks/ta-p/227716

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/RF-Optimization-best-practices/ta-p/175714

Kevin

Guru Elite

@Alex S wrote:

For now in this area i have my 12 AP-305, what is now working fine and connected via Virtual Controller. Also in area we are see another`s AP our neighbors.

And what is interesting, that only client connected to our tested AP-305 vs Controller7010 has bad result of speed.

Any client and guest who connected now to our another AP on 2,4Gz in this place has fine work and good speed.

Now we don`t plane adding more access points but we want to our 13 ap`s be in working mode with our Controller 7010.

In the Virtual AP configuration for the hardware controller, do you have "Drop Broadcast and Unknown Multicast" enabled?  That would stop broadcasts from propagating from the wired to the wireless network and possibly causing your issue.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Occasional Contributor I

Kevin,

I have this problem not one day.
And believe to resolve it i have done many reconfigure. Result still bad.

Also i noticed next situation.
When i replace connected AP from AP-305 to AP-103 on Controller7010 without any reconfiguration in WLAN (only replaced AP`s) then problem with 2,4Gz was fixed.

That what i have:
1. Thirteen AP-305 with Controller 7010 not working fine
2. One AP-305 with Controller 7010 not working fine

But

3. Thirteen AP-305 in Instant mode working fine
4. One AP-103 with Controller 7010 working fine

and info for Colin
I don`t may enable "Drop Broadcast and Unknown Multicast", because than all my wired printers and phones are down in my network (users don`t see them). Also when I tested it than don`t have any result with speed on 2,4Gz mode.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: