Wireless Access

Highlighted
Contributor II

MAC filtering

I want to set up MAC filtering on one of my Wi-Fi SSID's to allow only the mac address I enter. Is there a step by step guide on how to do this I have the 3200XM console 6.1.3.4 build?

Thank you for your help.

Guru Elite

Re: MAC filtering

Hi,

This KB article should help you out.

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1126

Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

That should do it thanks.

Aruba Employee

I've tried following this but my test client won't grab a dhcp adderss from the correct address range. I specified a certain VLAN for the ssid and it's grabbing a DHCP address from VLAN whois IP range was supposedly firewalled off. Weird.

Occasional Contributor II

Hi guys

Could you share videos, how to do ? To many  topics opened on this case. I read article but not same our aruba version. I tried but somethings went wrong.

ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba650), Version 6.4.2.5

Regards

New Contributor

yes am having the same problem , I want to mac filter any employee who is using the wifi .. not only by the password .. but also with maz address , only devices with mac address which I manually entered can access my wifi , can I do this via aruba GUI ?

Guru Elite

Is this for ArubaOS or Instant?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

am using Aruba 7030 mobility controller .. I don't want to make a mac authentication profile coz I don't want a complicated thing , I just want employees to authenticate using WPA2 password but only specific mac addresses can successfully access the wifi .. as simple as that ! , I used to do this simple issue using normal wifi routers .

Guru Elite

There is no other way to do this without a mac authentication profile:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-MAC-based-authentication-on-Aruba/ta-p/182430

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: