Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MCS view in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  MCS view in Airwave

Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:06 AM

Hi,

Can Airwave (8.0.10 version for instance) report the client MCS ? 

None of the default reports is carrying MCS statistic as i could explore

• 2.  RE: MCS view in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:35 AM
    MCS is very dynamic (it could change from packet to packet). How would you like it represented?

• 3.  RE: MCS view in Airwave

Posted Jan 03, 2017 07:43 AM

Hi,

As an average aggregated value, just like Airwave reports the SNR of clients (which is also dynamically changing i believe) 

• 4.  RE: MCS view in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 09:21 AM

SNR for the most part correlates pretty closely to max MCS. However, it would be very difficult to average as clients are not always sending MCS-graded packets, basic frames, multicast, etc would be at slower legacy rates. it would be pretty difficult to even average, SNR is FAR more consistent (though yes it varies a few dB from moment to moment, but MCS can be present then legacy rates then back to MCS, etc, and you cannot average out that without is severely skewing the mean).

• 5.  RE: MCS view in Airwave

Posted Jan 04, 2017 02:14 AM

i meant the MCS allocated by AP scheduler (not client reported MCS), i guess it should be recordable that a certain AP is allocating what MCS (rate) in Downlink to its clients

• 6.  RE: MCS view in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2017 06:25 AM

That datapoint is not recorded and is not exposed in the reporting mechanism.