Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MD Config Rollback

This thread has been viewed 45 times
  • 1.  MD Config Rollback

Posted Apr 24, 2020 06:45 PM

Hi

I have 8.3 architecture with MM and some MDs

One of my MDs is in CONFIG ROLLBACK state

I have tried to make full Config sync, write Config, change some config, reload node but  it still remains in this CONFIG ROLLBACK state.

Is it possible to enforce this node to exit from this ROLLBACK ?

I would appreciate any help

Regards

Karol

• 2.  RE: MD Config Rollback

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 24, 2020 09:32 PM

Do you have any new configuration to any ports on the controller? I run into this sometimes when trying to set up ports in a port channel, and it does not work so it goes to this state. Roll back will happen when the controller can not reach the MM after some configuration, so it rolls back to a config version that it was last successful with.

• 3.  RE: MD Config Rollback

Posted Apr 25, 2020 10:34 AM

Hi

Thanks for directing 

I have found one error in Port configuration, entered probably not intentionally

But it still doesn't help

After reboot there's a series of update required state and up down flapping and then restart with ROLLBACK CONFIG

It seems that I must deeply compare current and rollback configs

Or other idea ?

Karol

• 4.  RE: MD Config Rollback
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 26, 2020 01:03 PM

Yea, I would compare the configs to see what the difference is. Have there been any changes to the port configurations on the switch/switches that it is connected to? Are there any issues in the switch logs that point to a L1/2 issue, spanning-tree, etc...?

• 5.  RE: MD Config Rollback
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2020 04:09 AM

Hi

Problem finally resolved

Problem was in ip addressing, after corection now I have UPDATE SUCCESSFUL state 

Thanks

Karol