Super Contributor I

Re: MESH

Hi,

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

i checked the release notes, no info on 11ac mesh support.Any update at this moment?

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Mesh support for 11ac wil be within AOS 6.4.3.x, the target being Nov/Dec time frame. There's nothing more concrete at the moment but so far mesh testing is proceeding in beta and dev.

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

well, indicating "* supported in future software release" in the datasheet shall be a starting point ! (or at least, a referal to the latest release notes).

IMHO, the customer should not have to read through the release note to get such information.

I understand the technical (dev) issue, but the customer information should be clear.

This is really a bad point for ARUBA marketing team.

Highlighted

Not sure what it has to do with the marketing team.

It's always important to work with your Aruba or partner account team.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Tim

"It's always important to work with your Aruba or partner account team."

I agree, but it does not justify putting inexact datasheets on the official, corporate website.

(as I said, adding just one disclaimer phrase concerning the mesh function availability would be enough).

Merry xmas time.

Highlighted

Hi,

i know that the mesh  is not available for the IAP yet ( 205 ,225,275) , is it available for the Campus mode or not yet

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor I

mesh is available for non ac APs, both campus and instant. so the 115 in your list should be able to do mesh i believe.

as for the 2xx (ac) series i haven't seen a positive signal on mesh for campus or instant.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

As a "clear" example of the trouble we (customers) are set, I can see two different Release Notes on http://support.arubanetworks.com

Aruba Instant 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1 Release Notes.pdf

One in the software download section, and one in the Documentation section.

They are not the same : one is "0511589-05 | November 2014 Aruba Instant 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1 | Release Notes", saying nothing about mesh limitations.

and the other is  "0511589-06 | November 2014 Aruba Instant 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1 | Release Notes" stating that "No Support for Mesh on IAP-2xx Series Access Points".

Again, I understand the technical issue, but the documents must be clear.

Happy 2015 to all

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: