Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MM Firmware version and MC firmware version-- How different can they really be?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  MM Firmware version and MC firmware version-- How different can they really be?

Posted Nov 12, 2019 01:37 PM

My question is what is the general consensus or best pratice (if there is one) around how far appart the MM and MCs can be on firmware?

Do I want to stay on the same subversion/train(not sure what we call this)? 

IE if my MM is on 8.4.0.5_xxxxx  my MCs should at least be on 8.4.0.0_xxxx?  If MM is on 8.5.0.4_xxxx my MCs should at least be on 8.5.0.0_xxxx? How far apart can they be? Does it matter? I have heard somewhere that you don't want the MM and MCs to be too far apart....not sure what that means or if it's actually matters. Is there any offical aruba stance on this?

• 2.  RE: MM Firmware version and MC firmware version-- How different can they really be?

Posted Nov 12, 2019 02:25 PM
    Best practice is to always have your MM either using the same version as your MCs or higher version if you required to run a different version on your MM

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: MM Firmware version and MC firmware version-- How different can they really be?

Posted Nov 12, 2019 03:31 PM

OK that is good to know. What about if they are different how different (how many versions)can they be before it causes problems?

• 4.  RE: MM Firmware version and MC firmware version-- How different can they really be?

Posted Nov 15, 2019 10:04 AM

Anyone know how differnt they can be before it's a problem?