Wireless Access

Reply
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

MM GUI and browsers

I got a brand new shiny notebook and had to move all my stuff to it and start working on it. With the new notebook came also a new Chrome installation - 80.0.3987.100 and it seems to have problems with MM GUI. The web page opens but some items in the configuration menu do not respond on clicks. For example, after selecting configuration -> Access Points, I am not able to move on to any other item in configuration. The obvious answer would be to just move to any other browser, however, since I am working with multiple customer MMs, Firefox is also not really an option. It keeps complaining about default GUI https certs - SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL. Before starting to jump between browsers and versions I would like to ask about other people experience browsers and versions. Also would be nice know Aruba's opinion on the issue and fix plans, if any.

MVP Guru

Re: MM GUI and browsers

I've never really had an issue even with the default certificate. Always worth checking the User Guide, it details the supported browsers for that AOS version. Also, as you are probably aware you should consider changing the default cert as well since that will cause problems with browsers for a number of reasons.


ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: MM GUI and browsers

Decision to replace or leave the default cert in my case is not up to me but a customer. Not all customers have their own CA and buying a public cert for a management GUI seems be an overkill. As for the browser support, I would expect fully supported product to work with the latest most popular browser versions. Still I understand that it will be not possible to follow each Chrome version immediately.

Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: MM GUI and browsers

I had this exact same problem last night with my main machine and using Chrome.  I had to switch over to Edge since it got so bad.  I just updated Chrome to the latest build and it seems to have resolved the problem for me.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: