Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MM - Mobility Master and MD controller config moves

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  MM - Mobility Master and MD controller config moves

Posted Oct 19, 2017 01:18 PM

I'm working on migrating from 6.x to 8.x two 7220 controllers as managed nodes, using MM.  Using the migration tool, we successfully migrated them with the following layout:

/md:

/md/Bldg_A/A-controller/00:11:22:33:44:55

/md/Bldg_B/B-controller/88:88:88:88:88:88

The B-controller was migrated first, as it was not in production and had an old configuration file.  Then we migrated the A-controller.  Now we want to make the B-controller config use what the A-controller is/has been configured for.

Is there a way to quickly move the configuration from the A-controller to its node parent?  I've been trying to add the profiles to the parent but the GUI and CLI complains that a child already has that profile configured.

• 2.  RE: MM - Mobility Master and MD controller config moves

Posted Oct 19, 2017 01:39 PM
    What version are you running ?

• 3.  RE: MM - Mobility Master and MD controller config moves

Posted Oct 19, 2017 02:03 PM

MM - 8.1.0.4

7220 - 8.1.0.4_61790

• 4.  RE: MM - Mobility Master and MD controller config moves

Posted Oct 19, 2017 04:32 PM
    The functionally to move nodes between folders was introduced in AOS 8.2 but since you are running 8.1 you will need to reset the controller to default factory and then add it under the building A folder

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: MM - Mobility Master and MD controller config moves

Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:24 AM

Capture.JPGWe will deploy Mobility Master at Branch (DC2) while i dont have any licensing on there. that possible to deploy MM at Branch without Licencing?