Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MM - never configure anything at the Managed Network folder level ??

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  MM - never configure anything at the Managed Network folder level ??

Posted Sep 13, 2019 07:41 AM

Notice on the following post; https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Airwave-and-adding-ArubaOS-8-Mobility-Master-environment/td-p/434156

On your MM, go to Configuration and then navigate to the highest folder possible (never configure anything at the Managed Network folder level, only folders below that) and.....

Why?

• 2.  RE: MM - never configure anything at the Managed Network folder level ??
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2019 07:55 AM

hi !van,

I follow the same rule with all my installation. My personal reason for that is, everything changed at the MD level will be applied to all MD's in the network. If you start with the configuration on the level below that, you can start with each new group with the default settings. 

It is not something which is needed because of technical reasons but from a best practice point of view. 

just my 2cents

• 3.  RE: MM - never configure anything at the Managed Network folder level ??

Posted Sep 13, 2019 07:57 AM

Makes sense thanks Florian.