Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MSR as backbone for CAPs or IAPs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  MSR as backbone for CAPs or IAPs

Posted Oct 07, 2014 10:29 AM

Hey guys,

Could we use the MSRs as a wireless mesh backbone to deploy CAPs? What about IAPs?

We have a prospect who needs to build a once in a year wireless network in ~21,000,000 square meters area for a trailer parking lot, and they want to deploy access to the corporate network on certain trailers as an info booth a business center trailer, temporary offices, etc. The thing here is that they may want the corporate users to authenticate using their AD credentials and using 802.1x and provide the same policies the corporate users have at HQ.

They expect 20 to 25 users per CAP.

Thank you very much for your help.

• 2.  RE: MSR as backbone for CAPs or IAPs

Posted Oct 08, 2014 12:39 AM
    Might be worth waiting for mesh to be supported on AC APs for the extra backhaul bandwidth, but it can definitely be done.

• 3.  RE: MSR as backbone for CAPs or IAPs

Posted Oct 08, 2014 03:55 AM

If you wanna wait for the AC mesh support or not, I can confirm I have had this working in a simple LAB setup with MSR's as backbone, and IAP's clustered and connected to the ethernet of the MSR's. I can't vouch for how it works in a production setup though.

• 4.  RE: MSR as backbone for CAPs or IAPs

Posted Feb 19, 2015 08:01 PM

yes

This is a functional solution.

Run MSR2K in a line and connect via ethernet cable to an AP-27x solution