Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MST200 available channels?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  MST200 available channels?

Posted May 07, 2018 02:56 AM

Hi,

I have a pair of MST200 routers set up as a mesh point-to-point link. This is for extending the wired network in lack of cabling between two locations. The users have some complaints about instabilities sitting on the wireless side of the link. When looking at the logs we see that we have some issues with radar detection. My first thought was to change to a none DFS channel. Strangely enough when I go to Wireless settings -> Radio -> Channel List -> Select, I can only choose channels from 100 to 140. "No DFS" channels are not listed. Could this be a regulatory limitation or radio hardware limitation? The radio card shows as ar9223 320mw.

• 2.  RE: MST200 available channels?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 09, 2018 01:56 PM

What country?

• 3.  RE: MST200 available channels?

Posted May 09, 2018 02:02 PM

Hi Jerrod,

The MST is configured for EU (European Union country). We are located in Norway, but "NO" doesn't exist as a regulatory domain in the MST200 configuration.

• 4.  RE: MST200 available channels?

Posted May 11, 2018 08:59 AM

Ok. This is a little embarrassing. When checking the allowed outdoor channels for EU, lower channels as 36 – 48 is listed as indoor only. I guess MST200 is targeted for outdoor use. So this is probably a regulatory limitation..

However the story has taken another twist. After changing the regulatory domain a couple of times the Mesh router has now become inaccessible. The last thing I managed to do before losing contact was clicking apply after changing the regulatory domain the last time. It will not answer it’s configured IP address anymore. We see a MAC address on the switch port where the MST200 is connected, but no lldp neighbor information as before. Have tried to reboot it several times, but the result is the same. What could have happened? Is there a limited number of times the regulatory domain is allowed to be changed before the device becomes bricked ? :)

• 5.  RE: MST200 available channels?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:40 AM

Not knowing what was done, I'm not sure, you may need to reset to default and try again. I don't have access to an MSR/MST anymore so I'm not sure but if NO was not in the list, than we did not have any regulatory certs for the MST.

• 6.  RE: MST200 available channels?

Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:58 AM

I have tried to reset it remote by the power cycle procedure, but no luck. It's still located out in the field so I'm not able to connect to the console port to see what's going on. I'm waiting for retrieving the device to my desk. I will report back when that happen.