Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Mac OS X Lion/MacBook Air issue

"I probably don't have much info compared to a lot of customers, but from my vantage point it seems very similar to the authentication delays in early Mavericks on 802.1X. The workaround then was to set all the certificates in the authentication chain to "Always Trust" in Keychain for EAP. I'm testing that now on two machines to see if it makes any difference. I'll trying to get a definite one way or the other today to see if it helped. "

Hello,

We are having the random drops as well - 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2_53307.   We've probabaly put in 40 hours now with support and have made no progress.  We've even turned off authentication.    Any suggestions would be great.   I'm not as familar with OSX.   What should I do about the certs and always trust or is this applicable if we turned authentication off?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

I think you should open a new thread, so that your issue gets the visibility it deserves.

with that being said, did TAC look at the RF at the site with the issue?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Frequent Contributor I

OH sure - We keep getting escallated and they keep making the same changes - first they'll ask why they got changed, then they'll change them back, then the next tech will make the same changes and so on and so forth.   They've pretty much said the only thing they can do is if we call them BEFORE someone loses connectivity and they can watch as they lose connectivity because for whatever reasone even if we run all the reports they ask for seconds after they lose connectivity it is too late.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Those are the most difficult issues to deal with - intermittent connectivity, so it could involve alot of guessing because they do not know what the problem is.  To make progress, they need specific data to be collected when the problem occurs.  If you don't know when it will occur, you won't know how to collect the information so they have to try different things to see if things improve to determine what is happening.

Do you have a ticket number?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Sure - I'm not complaining - they've been trying for ages and I'm starting to lose hope.  It isn't that they aren't trying but I'm not sure if there is anything left that hasn't been tried.   I got the logs for them today just minutes after it occurred, a show tech-support.  

1. Enable debug for client.

debug pkt mac <client MAC address>

debug pkt match mac

debug pkt type all

debug pkt dump

Type "q" to exit the console packet dump

1. #show datapath session | include <client-IP>
  2. #show clock
  3. #show log user-debug | include <client MAC address>
  4. #show ap debug mgmt-frames | include <client-MAC address>

We've also been gathering the syslogs for weeks and sending them at the time of a disconnect.   If something doesn't jump out at them by now I'm not sure what is left.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

What is the ticket number?

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

1828967.   They are going to call me in the morning to review their findings.   Hopefully they've figured something out.  

The issue for me is I've dissappointed a customer and I charge by the hour but I certainly can't charge a dime for those many many many many hours I've spent and solved nothing.   I'm sure it has been no picnic for the engineers I've worked with as it is frustrating to work on something and not be able to figure it out.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Two things:

1.  You are bonding channels on the 2.4ghz band, which is a no no, because it causes so much interference.  That is why your 2.4ghz channels look like 7+ and 11-, which should not be done.

2.  You are running DFS channels, which not all devices support, so devices that cannot see those channels will end up on the already congested 2.4ghz band.

Do this:

Go to RF >Advanced and make sure Wide Channel Bands is "None" and 80 mhz support is "Disabled".  Make sure "client aware" is set to "Disabled" so that the APs can adjust properly:

wide.JPG

Click on the Edit button next to 5GHZ channels and only enable the channels on the right in the "selected" column like you see below.

channels.JPG

Click on ok, ok, ok to get out of the dialogs.  See if your problem continues to happen.

Remove that "Test" SSID, because it adds more management traffic to the air.  

The ******Guest  SSID should have "Broadcast Filter ARP" under Advanced

Set  "local probe request threshold" to 0, on the "**rive", and "TT" SSIDs.

Under the TT SSID, the G-max-tx-rate should be 54, and NOT 1

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks so very much!!!

Are 1 & 2 the same issue - removing the +7 +1 for 2.4 or am I looking in the wrong place.

I've got the rest adjusted.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Setting the wide bands to None fixes the 7+1 issue.
Only selecting the channels in the screenshot fixes the DFS issue.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: