Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Mac OS X Lion/MacBook Air issue

Okay.  I will wait for someone else to comment, because I have not seen that..

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor II

Wow - anything further on this - I'm having the same issue with some of the macs I have here - this one is still running snow leopard however - just drops randomly, has issues actually getting connected to an ap. The interesting thing I see on the controller is that their connection time keeps incrementing when they disconnect - so the user will report getting disconnected 3 times in the last hour, but age of the connection is 4 hours. Also seeing it on PCs with Linux and Windows 7 - working with an aruba engineer  right now trying different drivers (for windows) to see if there is any change.

Right now I'm running my system fully wirelessly to see if I see the same issues - so far it's ok....

Lirria

Guru Elite

@Lirria wrote:

Wow - anything further on this - I'm having the same issue with some of the macs I have here - this one is still running snow leopard however - just drops randomly, has issues actually getting connected to an ap. The interesting thing I see on the controller is that their connection time keeps incrementing when they disconnect - so the user will report getting disconnected 3 times in the last hour, but age of the connection is 4 hours. Also seeing it on PCs with Linux and Windows 7 - working with an aruba engineer  right now trying different drivers (for windows) to see if there is any change.

Right now I'm running my system fully wirelessly to see if I see the same issues - so far it's ok....

Lirria

Lirria,

We have to make sure that we are dealing with the same issue.  Lets us know the result of the troubleshooting.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor II

Of course - it's just nice to know what resolved it for somebody else so it gives you things to look at to see if that is also another issue in your environment. We are waiting on the results from the lastest debug log review - hopefully there will be something in there.

thank you

Lirria

Occasional Contributor II

We are seeing the same issue occur on our RAP environment (6.1.3.0) -- our production wirless is 3.4.2.4/5.0.4.2 so I do not know how this fares in the office. From what I have been told, this is only affecting Macs. After a random period of time thier connection just "dies". They can see other SSIDs available, but not the one they are currently connected to in airport. To fix they must either connect to a different SSID and connect back, or run the Apple wireless network repair tool (can't recall the actual name of the utility). I have an open case with TAC but have not gotten anywhere as of yet.

New Contributor

i also encountered same issue where is wifi connection suddenly drop and very difficulties to connect. i've reported and login case to Aruba, and the Aruba Engineer has did a remote site support to our controller to solve this issue. But unfortunately that my problem still remain and couldnt be solve by Aruba Engineer. and the Aruba engineer told me that this issue is come from Apple instead of Aruba.

what is a good answer and solution from Aruba.

Frequent Contributor II

Although we are still monitoring the issue and do not have a resolution, we have noticed fewer complaints from the Mac users that have been upgraded to lion (not mountain lion) We will continue to work with Aruba to find a solution. Lirria
Frequent Contributor I

Unfortuantely, Macs have had connectivity issues for some time. I've experienced this myself as a Mac only user. 

I have noticed that the last Lion update and going into Mountain Lion that there are issue with the Keychain. I've found myself having to manually delete certs and passwords and then reauth to get connected.

This is a know issue and not an issue with Aruba. The finger should be pointed at Apple.

EDDIE FORERO | @HeyEddie
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

After spending 3 weeks monitoring the macs (win7 and linux too) on the network we found a couple of things.

1. Upgrading the OS to Lion (not mountain lion yet) improved connectivity.

2. Changing the settings for 802.1x for Delay between WPA/WPA2 Unicast Key and Group Key Exchange and Delay between EAP-Success and WPA2 Unicast Key Exchange which apparently have to deal with Macs.

Between those 2 things our one Mac user that had been dropping 6-7 times a day has dropped once in 7 days, and added bonus has been the linux systems are also staying connected better.

Working with the support staff was time consuming but they did find a least some config settings that had to be changed to make things better.

Definitely think Apple is not providing a current driver for snow leopard and that is part of the issue.

Lirria

New Contributor

have you tried diabling IPv6?  This can only done at the terminal.

>networksetup -setv6off Wi-Fi

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: