Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: MacBook's Lose Connectivity & Have issues roaming...

Okay.  The access points that have a channel of + or - means you are running 40 mhz width channels.  The access points that have "E" next to the channel means you are running 80 mhz wide channels (running 80mhz channels many times is not good in high density environments).  You need to run the same channel width on all your access points or that could cause some of the issues you mention.  I would start by running just 20mhz channels to make it even.  Here is what you do in the ARM profile to make that happen:

20mhz-chan.png

When you run that command again, after the change, you should not see a +, - or an E after any channels...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

Ok. Thanks Colin! We'll take a look at these settings.

To confim:

Do we do this on both 802.11a AND 802.11g radio ARM Profiles? Changing the Allowed bands to "None" and unchecking the "80Mhz supportHere are screenshots of what ours looks like now:

ARM-Radio A

ARM-A.png

ARM-G

ARM-G.png

Guru Elite

On the "A" only. 

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

Thanks for clarifying, Colin. Majority of our 105 AP's are in classrooms. The 225/275 AP's we have are in high density environments (theater, gym,outside sports field) and we are running different ARM profiles for these AP's. Should we apply these changes here as well?

ARM-A-ac.png

Guru Elite

If your issue is fixed by making the changes in the previous area, I would say yes, because your environment should be running uniform channel widths.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

Hey Colin,

The changes seemed to help. Thanks for that. However today we had a couple classes get booted off the Wifi while sitting in class. Do you know what would cause this type of issue? Should we decrease our power even more considering we have an AP in every classroom?

Guru Elite

If it was an entire class, you should open a TAC case to see if an access point rebooted or there was a system issue that caused that problem.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

Hi Colin,

We are still seeing some users getting kicked off of the access point. This time I have attached one of the "tech support diagnostics" for the AP. Could you take a look and see if you see anything out of the ordinary? Our last complaint from one of our teachers has said that sometimes anyone who changed their position in the room got kicked off the wifi. She has had to to turn wifi off and on a few times already.

I am wondering if we should decrease the AP power more as w do have an AP in every room?

Guru Elite

What is the output of "show ap active"? 

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

I've attached the file with the command you specified.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: