Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Manual client association with AP.............

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Manual client association with AP.............

Posted Jun 25, 2013 09:03 AM

In my WLAN setup comprising of 620 controller and AP-105 x 7 AP's, i can see that one particular AP is being accessed by multiple clients.

Kindly share with me how to manually associate client with another AP & why does other AP's paced nearby does not cater to  client request.

• 2.  RE: Manual client association with AP.............

Posted Jun 25, 2013 09:08 AM
    Short of blacklisting a client on a particular AP, you can't manually force it anywhere (at least AFAIK). You can enable load balancing or ClientMatch (a new 6.3 feature) to get clients to distribute more evenly though.

• 3.  RE: Manual client association with AP.............

Posted Jun 25, 2013 09:20 AM

You can do a couple of things (you can't manually force it from the controller perspective):

- Remove lower data rates under the SSID profile

- Set a minimum local probe threshold to 25 (if you have hidden SSID otherwise this won't work all the time)

- do a show ap arm rf-summary <apname> or show ap arm history <apname> to determine the current power levels on the AP (maybe the minimum power are too high)

- Update the drivers and if you are using windows some wireless cards allow to manage the roaming settings 

Note: remember that is up to the wireless card to roam so depending what algorithm is use to determine the SNR/RSSI values that the device can see from the APs