Wireless Access

Master-Backup - Unable to add localip

Hi all, I was wondering if you could help with the following. We have an Master - Master Backup deployment with a local controller which points to the VRRP address on the Master controllers.

However in the event of a failover to the back master, I don’t think the local controller will be able to connect to the backup-master since this parameter is not in there.

Basically don’t seem to have the option to add a localip to the backup-master.  Not sure if that is expected behaviour. ?

Current version is Aruba OS 6.4.2.5

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Guru Elite

Re: Master-Backup - Unable to add localip

The localip parameter on the master or the local?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Hey on the backup master. Thanks

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Guru Elite

Do you have a screenshot of that?   On every master controller, you should be able to configure the localip for each local controller that would connect:

(host) (config) #localip 0.0.0.0 ipsec gw1234xyz

On every local controller, you should be able to configure the master controller that the local controller would connect to:

(host) (config) #masterip 10.1.1.250 ipsec gw1234567

Are you saying that the localip command is not available on the backup master?  It should be...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: