Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Master-Local Questions

The ip cp-redirect address is used to determine what ip address on the local controller will bring up the captive portal or do the redirect.  By default, that is the controller's management ip address.  If that address will not be reachable to your captive portal clients that is when you would use the ip cp-redirect-address parameter to point it to the interface on the guest network on that local or master controller.  It is mainly for when a guest would not be able to reach the management ip address of the controller to bring up the page or accept a redirect.

If the captive portal works just fine, please disregard.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor I

Thank You.  That makes sense now. 

drr
New Contributor

Hi

I have an aruba access point 215. I did factory_reset .

My plan is to join  this access point to my network that incude 4 access poins.

I configured IP, Gateway, DNS and VLAN number is also configured.

This new access point comes up as master, I have no idea how to configure the new AP to be as slave and be able to join to my network.

Gonna be happy if you have any info to help me in this case.

@cjoseph wrote:

@ShawnShoe wrote:

Is that still true when using Clearpass for my captive portals? 

The certificate is only called on the initial connection and the redirect back to the controller after authentication, correct?  I have a couple different subnets that are using this service.

You will need a public certificate for any controller doing a redirect, as well as the ClearPass captive portal.  The initial web redirect is done by the controller needs to have a public certificate for a successful redirect, instead of a page prompting the user to trust it.  After the controller does the redirect, the ClearPass captive portal page used to authenticate guests, etc, needs to have a public certificate so that users do not have to manually trust it when they land on that page.  If neither the controller or clearpass has a public certificate, the user will be prompted twice : once to accept the certificate from the redirect, and once from the clearpass box.  That typically leads to a bad experience.

drr
New Contributor

Hi

I have an aruba access point 215. I did factory_reset .

My plan is to join  this access point to my network that incude 4 access poins.

I configured IP, Gateway, DNS and VLAN number is also configured.

This new access point comes up as master, I have no idea how to configure the new AP to be as slave and be able to join to my network.

Gonna be happy if you have any info to help me in this case

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: