Master-Local centralized licensing
04-07-2018 07:40 PM - edited 04-07-2018 07:41 PM
I read few articles about centralized licensing [http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_80_Web_Help/Content/LicenseGuide/Multi__Network.htm] and Kb: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Centralized-Licensing-and-HA/td-p/137895 but I need some clarity.
Consider a scenario where I have one Master controller and one local controller.
1. Centralized licensing is enabled on the master controller but the licenses are installed on the local [10 AP, RF, PEF license]
2. In AP system profile lms ip is my local and blms is my Master
3. So initially my APs are terminated on the local
4. Local is down so APs are terminated on the Master now
5. What happens if master reboots and comes up and still local controller is down?
6. I guess that still my APs will be up on the master as the license is cached by my Master for 30 days. Am I correct or is it wrong?
Please do help me out?
Thank you in advance
Re: Master-Local centralized licensing
04-08-2018 12:36 AM
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide