Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Master and Standby/Master Redundancy

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Master and Standby/Master Redundancy

Posted Jul 16, 2017 05:15 PM

Hi,

I have a question to find out the best way to setup the controllers.

There is two master controller in the Branch. I have configured them as Master and Standby master controllers with VRRP and Master Redendancy. AP failover fine between controllers. 

LMS IP is pointing towards VRRP address. 

I have seen also HA Group configuraiton as a sample. I am just wondering,

- What is the Major difference between Master Redendancy and HA group in this setup?

- Do I have to configure them both? or which on is Aruba approved configuration?

Lateron I would like to add a Controller in Data centre so if both controller fails then AP should go and connect to data centre controller. 

What would be the best approach for this? Having 3 rd LMS IP?

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Nilay. 

• 2.  RE: Master and Standby/Master Redundancy
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2017 11:03 PM

HA is not necessary with master redundancy.  Just make the LMS-IP the VRRP.

If you want to extend the redundancy to the datacenter, just make the  LMS-IP the VRRP and backup LMS-IP the ip address of the datacenter controller. 

That is how you can configure for redundancy on a basic level.

HA configuration would provide additional scenarios detailed here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/VRRP/HighAvOverView.htm%3FTocPath%3DArubaOS%2520User%2520Guide%2520Topics%7CVirtual%2520Router%2520Redundancy%2520Protocol%2520(VRRP)%7C_____1