Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Master redundancy and fast failover

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Master redundancy and fast failover

Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:13 AM

Hi,

We have two 7210 controllers, with about 120 APs (225) to be replacing a Cisco WISM network. I have through reading the forums for a while still some problems deciding on the correct way of using the new controllers.

So far I have landed on a master-local setup, because i want to use HA and it seems the master-backup wont be able to terminate tunnels. Is there a way i can have master redundancy as well as HA in this setup? Can I in a master-local setup use VRRP for the LMS-IP, or would that not yield anything when the master goes down? Sorry for a question that probably have been asked a million times, but i just couldnt find a decisive answer.

Br

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Master redundancy and fast failover

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:15 AM
    You can do master-master/standby with HA.

• 3.  RE: Master redundancy and fast failover

Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:24 AM

OK, so if I set them up as master-master standby with HA, the APs will build tunnels to both and have fast failover? Running 6.4.x. I have active firewalls and routers in one DC, and would like the active tunnel to be there, and the backup in the other DC, is that just to set the master controller and standby tunnel in the "cold" DC, and the master-standby and active controller to the "hot" DC?

• 4.  RE: Master redundancy and fast failover
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:26 AM

Yes, that is correct. You'll want to configure the primary DC with higher priority and it will be come the primary controller.

• 5.  RE: Master redundancy and fast failover

Posted Sep 30, 2015 08:29 AM

Thank you sir, much appreciated :)