Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Max clients in AP-225, 274 and 275

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Max clients in AP-225, 274 and 275

Posted Oct 02, 2016 11:03 PM

Hi all

Please I need your help. I'm testing the max users support in AP-225, 274 and 275.

I understand for datasheet that the AP's support 255 clients for radio (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), but in the moment that I connect clients the AP support only 90 users, the others clients cannot connect to network.

In standalone mode I configured in the SSID the max clients threshold to 150. There are others parameters for configure to reach the 150 users?

please your help

Regards 

David

• 2.  RE: Max clients in AP-225, 274 and 275

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2016 03:04 PM

The setup affects the max. Is this IAP or controller, and I assume a single SSID? If controller based, you are using Tunnel mode on the VAP? It also depends on the client types and environment as well (need clean channels, etc). Are these real clients or some simulated system?

You can open a TAC case to help validate the config and/or identify the errors.

• 3.  RE: Max clients in AP-225, 274 and 275

Posted Oct 05, 2016 08:37 PM

Hi Jhoward

I´m testing with IAP and Controller, yes is correct you appreciation I have one SSID.

In controller mode, the VAP is tunnel mode and band steering enable, the test is with real clients, android, iphone, ipad, laptops, etc

What parameter can I modify according to your experience?

Regards

David