Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Max users on controllers

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Max users on controllers

Posted Dec 30, 2013 07:43 AM

Hello

i was looking at datasheets and i was looking something interesting.

On a 650 max users it says its 512? at least on the datasheet because here it says  256 http://www.arubanetworks.com/?product=aruba-600-controller-series

Would be nice to know which is the correct one...

Anywas besides that, what does that mean?

Does it mean that if i got 16 APS, even if i got 16 APS i wont be able to have more than  34 users per AP if i use them all at the same time?

Let say that in this case i would need to change the controller to allocate more wireless users not because of the AP saturation, it would be that it hit the limit on the users that a controller can handle simultaiusly ?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Max users on controllers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2013 08:20 AM

@NightShade1 wrote:

Hello

i was looking at datasheets and i was looking something interesting.

On a 650 max users it says its 512? at least on the datasheet because here it says  256 http://www.arubanetworks.com/?product=aruba-600-controller-series

Would be nice to know which is the correct one...

Anywas besides that, what does that mean?

Does it mean that if i got 16 APS, even if i got 16 APS i wont be able to have more than  34 users per AP if i use them all at the same time?

Let say that in this case i would need to change the controller to allocate more wireless users not because of the AP saturation, it would be that it hit the limit on the users that a controller can handle simultaiusly ?

Cheers

Carlos

We will get someone to check the number, but that number is the platform limit.  No more users than the platform limit can enter the user table.  User 257 or 513 will be blocked from entering and there will be an error message.  That is combined, wired and wireless users.  Let us get someone to check to see which number it actually is...

• 3.  RE: Max users on controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2013 09:54 AM

512 is the correct number for the 650.  Let me see if we can get the website corrected.  Thanks for the catch.

• 4.  RE: Max users on controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2013 11:09 AM
    I was wrong. The website is correct. 256 users for both. The data sheet needs to be corrected.

• 5.  RE: Max users on controllers

Posted Dec 30, 2013 11:25 AM

Really Collin???

Uh oh...

There is one of my clients which last time i visit him they had around 200 users connected to their WLAN, and they got a 650... they are reaching their limit of users :(

I need to advice them

Please guys correct this.. i got a lot of old datasheets which sasy that it supports 512 users. also on the Matrix it says its 512!

Thanks Collin!!!

Cheers

Carlos