Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum Number of Connection per User Account

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Maximum Number of Connection per User Account

Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:15 AM

Hi Guys,

Is there an option on Aruba Mobility Controller where I can set a number maximum connection per User Account (802.1x). The client would like to limit the usage of 2 devices per user account.

Your help will very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Ryan

• 2.  RE: Maximum Number of Connection per User Account

Posted Jul 10, 2017 05:24 AM

You can do this with ClearPass but I don't believe you can with just a controller.

• 3.  RE: Maximum Number of Connection per User Account

Posted Jul 10, 2017 08:56 PM

Thank you. I also thought there's no option using only the mobility controller. Thank you for the response.

• 4.  RE: Maximum Number of Connection per User Account

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 06:55 AM

@ryca11 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Is there an option on Aruba Mobility Controller where I can set a number maximum connection per User Account (802.1x). The client would like to limit the usage of 2 devices per user account.

Your help will very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Ryan

You would need a Policy Engine (Radius Server like ClearPass) that keeps track of clients via radius accounting to limit this.  The controller by itself cannot do that with 802.1x clients.

• 5.  RE: Maximum Number of Connection per User Account

Posted Jul 10, 2017 08:59 PM

Yeah. I also thought I need a NAC device to do it. I have scan all the authentication button and I have found nothing. Thanks!