Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum RF Coverage-help

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Maximum RF Coverage-help

Posted Oct 02, 2012 09:04 AM

We are deploying wireless in an old school that I believe they built well enough to actualy be a bomb shelter.

In most of our deployments we are able to provide good coverage by putting an AP in every other classroom but that is definately not working in this building.

I went into the AP group for the building and created a new RF profile with what I thought made sense for maximum power but the changes hasn't seemed to help much.

Is there a guide or Aruba recommended RF settings for deployments like this? I'm not sure we are making the correct edits to the RF profile.

Thanks in advance !!!   

• 2.  RE: Maximum RF Coverage-help

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2012 10:03 AM

@Jaasperff wrote:

We are deploying wireless in an old school that I believe they built well enough to actualy be a bomb shelter.

In most of our deployments we are able to provide good coverage by putting an AP in every other classroom but that is definately not working in this building.

I went into the AP group for the building and created a new RF profile with what I thought made sense for maximum power but the changes hasn't seemed to help much.

Is there a guide or Aruba recommended RF settings for deployments like this? I'm not sure we are making the correct edits to the RF profile.

Thanks in advance !!!   

If you have concrete between classrooms and the RF in the adjacent classroom cannot provide enough coverage, you will have no choice but to put an access point in every classroom, where you need capacity.

There is also a case where it SEEMS like the access point in the adjacent classroom provides proper coverage, but the wall has metal mesh, which corrupts the signal.  In the end, it looks like you have good signal strength, but the interference created makes the signal unusable.  The only solution is to put an access point into every classroom so that your users have radio line-of-sight to each access point, and does not have to contend with the interference.

With that being said, to change the power to maximum, in the ARM profile you need to change the ARM-Min-TX and ARM-MAX-TX to 127.

Type "show ap active" on the commandline to see the access points current power and its maximum power.

• 3.  RE: Maximum RF Coverage-help

Posted Jan 08, 2013 02:08 AM

hello cjoseph
    In my 6-storey building has a total of 13 piece W-AP105 access point.

Although I have to not place your 2 access point to each floor with cordless phones can not yield.

A total of 10 meter each Access Point shooting range.

How can I expand more than.