Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Measuring tablet wifi perfromance

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Measuring tablet wifi perfromance

Posted Oct 01, 2014 09:54 AM

Trying to find the best way of dertminining realtime wifi performnace, as several users have been reporting issues with disconnects, slowness etc...  Ive been up with a laptop armed with a Site Survey tool, and also Channelyzer, but these are merely showing the genral health and coverage of the wifi network, and not analysing the perfornce of a particular device.

Ive been trying to find a server/client based app that will monitor a device and can record what the device is doing, but cant seem to find anything...

Whilst the aruba dashboard is useful for a quick overview, its not really helping me identify any specific issues.  My surveys are showing good coverage, good bandwidth, but the user is saying performance is slow. my windows device also seems to be ok...

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Measuring tablet wifi perfromance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2014 08:30 PM

I think you have done the big things.  What needs to be done is to put the device into another environment and measure its performance.

• 3.  RE: Measuring tablet wifi perfromance

Posted Oct 02, 2014 05:26 AM

Problem is, everything seems to be based on real time, and sods law will state that when Im observing it, it will be fine, yet when I give it back to the user to use it in their normal day to day duties, it will have problems!

I need something that can monitor a device over a certain period and record whats going on, signal strength, ping times, ssid..etc...

• 4.  RE: Measuring tablet wifi perfromance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2014 07:46 AM

Please be specific about the device, the application and the issue.  There is no one general test that can monitor every device.