Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh APs Bridge mode ...

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Mesh APs Bridge mode ...

Posted May 31, 2013 06:22 AM

Hello,

I want to set up some Mesh APs, to get data from a bus.

I want, that the bus get an IP-adress from the lokal Server in RZ 1 (direct not over the controller master in HQ)and I want that the data goes to the HQ.

Look at the picture, it is only a sample, it is a big wireless network there.

The clients must communicate to each other directly or over controller 2 not over the WAN.

Any clients must get the data from the bus directly not over the WAN.

How can I configure this?

Picture2.jpg

• 2.  RE: Mesh APs Bridge mode ...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2013 12:54 AM

What model APs are you planning on using? And I'm assuming the Bus already has a client device on it? You essentially want all the clients (buses) in the yard to pull IPs and talk to each other JUST from the RZ1 zone via controller 2, nothing going over the WAN?

• 3.  RE: Mesh APs Bridge mode ...

Posted Jun 10, 2013 03:04 AM

Hello,

ok, AP105 and 135 I think.

Right the bus has a client on it. This client on the buses must get the IP-adress from the RZ1.

The data from the bus client must go direct to the local clients, and over the WAN.

In this scenario there are scanner and printer in this location, the scanner must print direct not over WAN.

And there are wireless client traffic.

At the Moment there are Cisco APs with hrep, but it won´t work good.

• 4.  RE: Mesh APs Bridge mode ...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 10, 2013 03:06 AM

So all you would need to do is configure the WLAN SSID into the same VLAN as the printers/scanners, etc found in RZ1, off the controller, and you would be done. The buses would pull the IP address out of that VLAN and would be on the same local broadcast domain as the devices in RZ1 for printing/scanning.

• 5.  RE: Mesh APs Bridge mode ...

Posted Jun 10, 2013 03:12 AM

Ok, thanks.

There are many ssids, bus ssid/vlan , scanner ssid/vlan, employee ssid/vlan...  and so on.

does this work witch the meshed APs?