Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh ARM with static channels queries

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mesh ARM with static channels queries

Posted Oct 23, 2018 04:38 AM

Hi,

I am trying to create some mesh profiles and would like to assign static channel for a radio for backhaul so I disabled ARM but still the Mesh APs are getting ARM Channels.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: Mesh ARM with static channels queries

Posted Oct 23, 2018 05:33 AM

I am making the changes in the correct profile and stil it shows ARM Channels

• 3.  RE: Mesh ARM with static channels queries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 06:05 AM

In the ap-group, if the ARM profile is set to disabled, the AP will obtain the channel from the radio profile just above the ARM profile.

• 4.  RE: Mesh ARM with static channels queries

Posted Oct 23, 2018 06:07 AM

Yes, I assigned static channel 36 for a radio but still that AP is using a different channel ARM

• 5.  RE: Mesh ARM with static channels queries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 06:18 AM

There is a 5ghz radio profile and under that is an ARM profile.  Did you assign the 5ghz radio profile to channel 36 and set the ARM profile under it to disabled?  In addition, in the radio profile, you would need to set the channel width (20).  In the ap-group, the Regulatory domain profile also needs to have channel 36 enabled to be able to set the channel correctly.  Do you have a screenshot of your settings?

• 6.  RE: Mesh ARM with static channels queries

Posted Oct 24, 2018 07:59 AM

Yes. I disabled ARM, assigned a static channel. Do I have to reboot the portal or point for it to take the changes?

• 7.  RE: Mesh ARM with static channels queries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 08:51 AM

You do not.  The point would follow the portal's channel.  You also need to make sure that the access point actually supports the channel you selected otherwise it will randomly select one that is supported.:

show ap allowed-channels ap-name <name of ap>