Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh Access Point

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Mesh Access Point

Posted May 31, 2018 10:05 AM

Hi,

I would like to ask for an advise. What model of Outdoor Access Point can I used for Mesh AP (Point to Point) with 600 meter distance. With Controller. Thank you in advance.

Ryan

• 2.  RE: Mesh Access Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:43 AM

I would recommend a pair of AP-277s or 377s for easy deployment with the best performance, or you can use an AP-274/374 with an ANT-4x4-5314 directional antenna on each end for maximum performance or for use in high interference areas. If the area is not in a crowded area, and you want to save cost, the AP-367s may be viable as well.

Note this requires completely clear line of sight between the two APs.

• 3.  RE: Mesh Access Point

Posted Jun 08, 2018 05:48 PM
    Go with the AP274/374 with the ANT-4x4-5314. At 600m this should give you a receive signal level of around -57dbm (depending on cable loss). This will give you an operational margin of about 20db. The second reason to use this configuration is the antennas are higher gain with a narrower beam width, 30x30. Ideally if you are using it as a PTP and not a PTMP, you want to use the narrowest beam width possible. This will help eliminate interference from any other wireless systems in the area. Also make sure that you have 8' to 10' of clearance in the middle of your path for fresnel zone clearance. Good luck!