Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh Config Assistance

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mesh Config Assistance

Posted Mar 25, 2013 11:53 AM

We will be setting up our softball field and baseball field up with WiFi service via Mesh.  We have ordered 4, 175 aps, 2 will be portals, and 2 will be points.

The two points will be offering client service on 2.4 and backhauling on 5.  

Does anyone have a config plan that will lead me through the setup?  I have read the 6.1 UG, and have setup Mesh Profile etc.  

When I provission the AP I assume it will auto disable the 5GHz antenna for client use and offer the client SSID only on 2.4?  I set the Mesh radio profile to use the "a band".

• 2.  RE: Mesh Config Assistance

Posted Mar 25, 2013 02:10 PM

Josh,

Please open a TAC case and have them walk through it with you.

Dedicated roles (client or mesh) are the default.  We do support concurrent mesh/client on the same radio but I don't recommend it for performance reasons.

We have a Design Note that deals with PtP bridging.   Chapter 7 shows how to configure AP175 (e.g. ArubaOS).  This will give you most of what you need.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/AP_OutdoorPointToPoint.pdf