Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Aug 27, 2017 06:07 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a LAN-2-LAN (Point-to-Point) mesh connections with 205H APs but I have som issues.

My biggest problem is how to set up Wired AP Port and mesh SSID (tunnel or bridge) becouse I can't get VLANs over the mesh link.

Scenario is simple - I have one switch with MeshPortal AP on one side and one switch with MeshPoint AP on the other side. I need to send all VLANS over the mesh link so I can connect wired clients on the other side. Well, maybe not so simple like I believed :-) 

Anyone who can help me here? I scanned this forum and User manual for how to set up Point-2-Point mesh link but I can't find any information that can help me right now.

This customer have a working Cisco APs now on this mesh link and I am trying to sell Aruba APs instead (a couple of AP-314 with antennas)  but I have to show that this works better than Cisco!

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2017 08:10 AM
    Are these instant APs or Campus (controller-ip) APs?

• 3.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Aug 27, 2017 08:18 AM

Thanks for fast reply!

This is Campus AP.

Right now I'm testing with AP-205H but customer will have AP-314 with antennas.

• 4.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE

• 5.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Aug 30, 2017 09:09 AM

Thanks, this was very helpfull.

Now when mesh link works so I've got another problem - with spanning tree on a Cisco switch. Mesh link is up about 2min and than it goes down - reason is block-state of switchport.

Strange enough that this happens om Mesh Point side of link which has no conection with LAN.

Any clue why this happens? 

• 6.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 30, 2017 10:11 AM

Do you have a network drawing with the topology? The port shouldn't go down unless there's a loop somewhere.

• 7.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Aug 30, 2017 07:28 PM

Check Cisco port settings - you'll want the port to the AP set for portfast and will want to turn off BPDU guard. First guess is that BPDU guard is "protecting" you from the remote switch.

• 8.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Aug 31, 2017 05:55 AM

Thanks, I'll try this and I'll be back with results.

• 9.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Jul 12, 2019 04:40 PM

Hi Mate, 

I am trying to configure similar to your solution. My query is how to take Data and Voice VLAN from one end to other end. 

On Wireless Solution - I have only 2 vlans which are for mobile users but i need vlan to configure for wired users. 

Could you please let me know if this solution worked for you -???

Thanks 

• 10.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Jul 15, 2019 04:29 AM

Hi,

Yes, solution worked for me. :-)

• 11.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Jul 15, 2019 05:06 AM
    Do you mind to share the link with me. I am unable to ping the switch,
    phones and cps.
    I am working with Tech but useless and waste of time

• 12.  RE: Mesh - Lan2Lan Bridge

Posted Feb 14, 2020 09:40 AM

I am in this same scenario with 2 Cisco switches serving the x2 Mesh APs and using dot1q trunking.  Can you look at your switch interfaces and paste their configs here for me?  I too cannot get the switchport interfaces to stop STP blocking.  I keep getting this when using bridged mode while trunking the VLANs I want across it "P2P Dispute Edge"

Strangely this works in tunneled mode but can't leave the AP MESH in tunneled mode:

Vlan                Role Sts Cost      Prio.Nbr Type
    ------------------- ---- --- --------- -------- --------------------------------
    VLAN0010            Desg BLK 4         128.15   P2p Dispute Edge
    VLAN0030            Desg FWD 4         128.15   P2p Edge