Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh Portal, Mesh Point Question

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  Mesh Portal, Mesh Point Question

Posted May 26, 2015 05:00 PM

Hello's

I'd like to create a mesh network with the Mesh point providing bridging as follows.

• Create an IAP cluster of 6 IAP's all located in one Warehouse space
    • Disconnect one of the IAP's from the cluster and deploy it as a Meshpoint that is also providing bridging functions via it's Eth0

Here are my questions.

1. Do I understand correctly from documentation that any of the remaining IAP's in the cluster can become a Mesh portal?
    2. If above is correct and the Mesh Point IAP is moving around the WareHouse, does this mean that the Mesh Point IAP could connect to a different MeshPortal based on proximity and other connect factors? This would be ideal as the MeshPoint will be moving around.

Thanks much,

1M

• 2.  RE: Mesh Portal, Mesh Point Question
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2015 06:09 PM
    1. Do I understand correctly from documentation that any of the remaining IAP's in the cluster can become a Mesh portal? Yes if the IAP is wired
    2. If above is correct and the Mesh Point IAP is moving around the WareHouse, does this mean that the Mesh Point IAP could connect to a different MeshPortal based on proximity and other connect factors? This would be ideal as the MeshPoint will be moving around. This is correct

• 3.  RE: Mesh Portal, Mesh Point Question

Posted May 26, 2015 06:39 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll be testing this tomorrow and wanted to get the question out there prior.

Thanks,

Andrew

• 4.  RE: Mesh Portal, Mesh Point Question

Posted May 27, 2015 04:34 AM

HI,

Before that, ensure that the extended SSID is disabled otherwise mesh will not work in IAP and IAP 92/93 will not support mesh functionality.

• 5.  RE: Mesh Portal, Mesh Point Question

Posted Feb 17, 2018 11:02 PM

I understand that this is an old thread...

But... the tech I was speaking with tonight was saying to disable and enable the switch port; after turning them into mesh-points (enabling eth0) and on the same physical siwtch (cisco...).

But I should of removed them completely, by changing VLAN's or new physical switch huh?