Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh WLAN

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Mesh WLAN

Posted Feb 14, 2014 01:55 AM

In what case is it absolutely necessary to deploy a mesh network instead of a regular mesh?

• 2.  RE: Mesh WLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2014 04:51 AM

What is the difference between regular mesh and a mesh network?

• 3.  RE: Mesh WLAN

Posted Feb 14, 2014 08:52 AM

I was recently faced with the same question/issue.  For me the difference is that "regular mesh" is part of ArubaOS and the controller environment, while "mesh network" is part of the AirMesh product line running MeshOS.  We have a policy that all vlans are tagged on trunk links and that was not possible with ArubaOS (the management vlan had to be untagged). We are now using the MST200 for point to point bridging.

I guess that the question for Verotiana is, what are you trying to accomplish?

• 4.  RE: Mesh WLAN

Posted Feb 16, 2014 09:23 PM

Ok, typo, my mistake.

I meant "In what case is it absolutely necessary to deploy a mesh network instead of a regular wireless network?"

• 5.  RE: Mesh WLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2014 02:23 AM

Not sure I follow, but anything client to AP is 'wireless access / wireless network', anything AP to AP could be 'mesh / wireless bridging'.

• 6.  RE: Mesh WLAN

Posted Feb 14, 2014 08:59 AM

Ok, typo, my mistake.

I meant "In what case is it absolutely necessary to deploy a mesh network instead of a regular wireless network?"

• 7.  RE: Mesh WLAN

Posted Feb 14, 2014 02:32 PM

Mesh networks are usually deployed outdoors, where the uplink of an accesspoint is not wired but wireless.