Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh deployment failing

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mesh deployment failing

Posted Apr 16, 2019 06:41 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a mesh network between an IAP-204-RW (version 6.4.3.1-4.2.x) (IP address of this device: 192.168.2.10)and an AP-303-RW(IP Address 192.168.2.7). Both of them have been factory reset and are plugged into access ports on two different aruba 2530-24g poe+ switches on the same vlan (2). When i connect both of the switches with an utp cable, i can see my IAP-204-RW negotiating and becoming the master and all lights blinking green. The moment i swap of the extended ssid and reboot it i'm still able to ping both of the devices but can still only see one of my ap's in the it has however now changed to Mesh mode. However when i now disconnect the switches i'm no longer able to ping the other device.

How do i troubleshoot this issue? Also the mesh should be able to carry over multiple vlans over this link(do i need to make this link a trunk on the switch , and does this work?)

Help would be highly appreciated as i've tried all the guides(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHd07IPqOPU&t=1009s , https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_42_WebHelp/Content/Aruba%20Instant%206.4.3.x-4.2%20User%20Guide.pdf )  by now but i keep on getting the same problem. 

• 2.  RE: Mesh deployment failing

Posted Apr 16, 2019 07:35 AM
    Have you created a SSID? Also, after disabling the extended SSID please reboot the devices.

• 3.  RE: Mesh deployment failing

Posted Apr 16, 2019 08:26 AM
      |   view attached

I have created 2 ssid's on 1 of the 2 ap's(see attached) and have set them both up for extended ssid's disabled. After that i've both rebooted them. Do both of the ap's need the same ssid's?

• 4.  RE: Mesh deployment failing

Posted Apr 16, 2019 08:33 AM
    Both SSID's needs to be in the same VC. So both have the same SSID's. However, the SSID you will create is not used for the mesh connection. Without any SSID the IAP's thinks that they are factory default and will broadcast the default SSID.

• 5.  RE: Mesh deployment failing

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 16, 2019 08:41 AM

Take a look at this video if you can, it will provide you with the end to end config of using mesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_TWWFx2JH4

• 6.  RE: Mesh deployment failing

Posted Apr 16, 2019 10:34 AM

I have reset both of my iap's but got only 1 of my ap's showing up on the screen.

Initial Setup.PNGInitial Setup 2.PNG

I am however not able to go to my 192.168.2.10 webpage as it redirects me directly to the 192.168.2.7 page(i am able to ping both of them individually) Any ideas why my other mac is not showing in the list of ap's?

• 7.  RE: Mesh deployment failing

Posted Apr 16, 2019 02:39 PM

The version you are running at the 204 is 6.4.3.1-4.2.x. The 303 is not compatible to run this software. Because of this the cluster is not formed correctly.

Please upgrade both devices to release 6.5.4.12 (this is the latest release where both IAP's are supported).

Because the IAP's are not the same hardware you should upgrade both devices manually. To do this, first power on and upgrade the 204. After this shutdown the 204 and power up the 303 and upgrade to the same release.

After the upgrade the IAP's should be able to join the same VC