Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

Posted Oct 13, 2018 05:11 AM

Hello,

AP 274

ANT 5314

ANT 5712 

Points are at a distance of 2 meters.

Mesh point is connected and disconnected to mesh portal periodically every 5-6 minutes. It is right?

In the console mesh point there are no messages.

• 2.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2018 02:21 PM

There are two versions of the 5314; the 2x2 and the 4x4. Which version are you using along with the AP-274? Also, what is the tx power on both the mesh point and the mesh portal?

Is the mesh portal still running on channel 40 as it was when you originally got things running?

• 3.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

Posted Oct 14, 2018 03:10 AM

5314 - 2x2

Did not quite understand the tx power, I hope everything showed on the images.

I plan to set points at a distance of 350-450 meters for video, voice, data.

• 4.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2018 12:11 PM

@Baton wrote:

5314 - 2x2

Did not quite understand the tx power, I hope everything showed on the images.

I plan to set points at a distance of 350-450 meters for video, voice, data.

Okay, so the 2x2 antenna only provides 2 antenna leads, while the AP-274 has three antenna ports. Has a terminator been installed on the 3rd unused antenna port?

• 5.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

Posted Oct 15, 2018 01:38 PM

Terminator is not installed.

Because of it, AP are connected and disconnected?
    I bought it in the store, expect delivery.

• 6.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

Posted Oct 22, 2018 05:20 AM

I'm still waiting for the delivery of the terminator, but I connected 2 antennas 5314 2x2  to the mesh point and the mesh link became stable.

Continued testing.
    Configure port eth0 mode bridge.

123.png

Mesh link again lost stability, connects and disconnects every 5-6 minutes. What is the relationship between Wired AP and Mech link?

I correctly understood the setting of the equipment?

Controller:
    Сontroller configure port g0/0/0

1234.png

I set the port on the switch vlan 44 untagged, vlan 11,22,33,55 tagged.

Mesh portal
    I set the port on the switch vlan 44 untagged, vlan 11,22,33,55 tagged.

Mash point
    On the other switch, I set the port on the switch vlan 44 untagged, vlan 11,22,33,55 tagged.

I played with different settings, but the Mesh link is not stable.

I ask for help.

• 7.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

Posted Oct 23, 2018 11:34 AM

Set all parameters to default.

12.png
    I connect controller, mesh portal, mesh point to aruba switch 2530 PoE+. Mesh link is stable.

I connect mesh point to another switch aruba 2530 PoE+ not connected to the first one. Mesh link is not stable, connects disconnects every 5-6 minutes.

Why???
    Why is it so hard ???

• 8.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2018 11:12 PM

Would need more information, it may be best to contact TAC for assistance if this is urgent.

When configuring mesh between a mesh poral and mesh point, why are controller port settings being changed? To bridge between the two mesh units, the controller configuration should not be affected if the mesh portal was previously able to contact the controller. It sounds as though a loop is being introduced into the network. 

Similarly, having both the mesh portal and mesh point connected to the same switch should not work, since a network loop would be present.

• 9.  RE: Mesh link is not stable AP274 Aruba OS8.3
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2018 12:00 AM

Thanks you!

You are absolutely right about network loops. They were when I installed the wired up to enable and plugged everything into one switch. Found a lot of information in the community on this issue.

Now I installed everything by default on the controller and points and continued testing. I rebooted the second switch on power. Again connected the controller and mesh portal to one switch, and mesh point to another. Meesh link is stable. I installed wired up to enable, I chose trunk mode, meesh link is stable, the network transmits packets to all vlans.

What I understood, I was only helped by a reboot on the power of the second switch.