Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh network with three iap325

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Mesh network with three iap325

Posted Jun 05, 2019 05:30 PM

Hello, i try to use a mesh network with iap 325. I read several tutorial and it doesn't work. No ap are portal or point. I have only N/A in the mesh mode column and when i use the command "show ap mesh link". I have the message "not available in this mode". The iap is in cluster mode and i can"t  change it. Is it possible to do a mesh network with iap 325 rw ?

Best reguards.

• 2.  RE: Mesh network with three iap325

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2019 06:03 PM

• 3.  RE: Mesh network with three iap325

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2019 06:19 PM

hat code version are you running, and do all three show up as a single VC? Do you see all three up in the GUI?

• 4.  RE: Mesh network with three iap325

Posted Jun 05, 2019 06:29 PM

We saw this too in the lab. You have to reboot them after they have all joined the cluster then they will show up in portal mode. A word of caution. With IAP you can not designate a portal or point AP manually. They will automatically elect which mode to be in depending on their connection. You also have to have VLAN 1 as the native on the wired port of the point AP if you want to use it as a trunk. 

If the switch on the portal side has BPDU guard enabled it will shut down the port when the point AP connects and starts sending packets which will cause that AP to change to a point instead. Eventually every portal could become a point and then you have a giant mess...

We have had this happen and Aruba was as surprised as we were. Just make sure your BPDU guard is off.

• 5.  RE: Mesh network with three iap325

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2019 09:31 PM

if you are using version 8.4 ad later you have much better control over mesh configuration. check this

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Wireless-Mesh-enhancements-with-Instant-8-4/m-p/536790#M23080

• 6.  RE: Mesh network with three iap325

Posted Jun 06, 2019 02:36 AM

Thanks for all responses. After reading it and look my config, i notice that i have :

extended-ssid configured :no
    extended-ssid active     :yes
    I disabled the extended-ssid in the menu system config, reboot the ap but i have always :

extended-ssid configured :no
    extended-ssid active     :yes
    may be it's the problem, how can i disabled the "extended-ssid active" ?