Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh portal and mesh points with one Port

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Mesh portal and mesh points with one Port

Posted May 02, 2017 05:32 PM

Hello i got a client that would like to create a mesh network but just with one port

Let say that he will have like X amount of AP and he wants that wiht just one port which will be the mesh portal, can give wireless access to all the otehr APS

The mesh portal might not reach most of the APS,  they will need to have connection through another mesh point...

Is that possible??

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Mesh portal and mesh points with one Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 02, 2017 11:14 PM

That will work, just note that when mesh hops over a point, it will cut bandwidth in half and double latency. Just an FYI

• 3.  RE: Mesh portal and mesh points with one Port

Posted May 03, 2017 04:51 PM

Thanks for your reply Jerrod

You can do that even on instant APS?i ask this becaues i remenber i did configure this one time a long time ago and it was something like really simple and automatic in which you just plug in  and instant ap to the wired network and the other one just connect it to the power cord and that was it....

guest stacking more than 2 for example would be a bad idea if i want to give wifi access to clients? just wifi for internet

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Mesh portal and mesh points with one Port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 05, 2017 11:41 AM

Works for IAPs as well (though you have to configure some things differently depending on if there's a switchin hanging off the other mesh points or not. The only limitation is that you cannot put a portal (wired APs) off another mesh point in IAP, it will not work nested in that configuration.