Wireless Access

Highlighted
Contributor II

Migration Tool to migrate one local only

I have customer setup of one master and 8 local. Locals are in remote areas and I want to upgrade them remotely using the tool. Can I use Migration tool to migrate one local only from 6.x to 8.4.0.5?

Thank you 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP

Re: Migration Tool to migrate one local only

Yes, I have done this succesfully in my lab with 1x local (but I'm not sure if it was 8.4.0.5 exaclty)

I suggest you do this in a lab device first before trying it in remote locations.

Some lessons I learned:

• Don't play with the same controller going up and down multiple times between 6 to 8. The database doesn't like this.
  • If everything goes bad with the migration tool and you need to just force an upgrade to 8.x, your config on the remote device will be lost and you will need to run the startup wizard again, so have a local user with console cable on standby. And be prepared to rebuild your configuration from scratch.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP

Re: Migration Tool to migrate one local only

Yes, I have done this succesfully in my lab with 1x local (but I'm not sure if it was 8.4.0.5 exaclty)

I suggest you do this in a lab device first before trying it in remote locations.

Some lessons I learned:

• Don't play with the same controller going up and down multiple times between 6 to 8. The database doesn't like this.
  • If everything goes bad with the migration tool and you need to just force an upgrade to 8.x, your config on the remote device will be lost and you will need to run the startup wizard again, so have a local user with console cable on standby. And be prepared to rebuild your configuration from scratch.

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: