Wireless Access

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Minor grumble relating to enabling re-authentication in ArubaOs8

Just a minor grumble...

i've been looking into why our users weren;t reauthenticating every hour when clearpass was sending back a session timeout of 3600 in an access accept packet.

<grumble> Looking on the mobility controller/AAA/L2 auth / dot1x/ <specific config>,  you can easily see 

"Use Server provided Reauthentication Interval" and "Use the termination-action attribute from the Server" on the 1st page of the config options which you need to enable to reauthentication.  .... why oh why do you then put the  "Reauthentication:" enable checkbox  on the second page. The only way you can see all off them is if you put your browser font so small its unreadable.

Would be better if they were all together 

</grumble>

Guru Elite

Re: Minor grumble relating to enabling re-authentication in ArubaOs8

If it was up to me, I would put all of this ONLY on the commandline.  There are so many options that cannot reasonably fit into the GUI, but customer feedback demands that it be there.  I can only assume with enough complaints that it will be changed in the future, and people who got used to it will again not like it.  Such is the nature of a highly configurable product with so many options.

Long story short, if you cannot be efficient in the GUI, please explore the commandline.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP Expert

Think I agree with you re the CLI comment, but if you're on a learning
curve the GUI is the 1st stop
so grouping settings appropriately might be a good idea
A
Guru Elite

The less-used, less needed settings are buried for a reason:  new or casual users will not need them.  The majority of settings that users would need or configure should be on the first level, where they belong.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Guru Elite

@alexsuoy wrote:

Just a minor grumble...

i've been looking into why our users weren;t reauthenticating every hour when clearpass was sending back a session timeout of 3600 in an access accept packet.

Why are your forcing your users to reauthenticate every hour?  That alone could place alot of stress on your AAA server.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: