Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mismatches in AirWatch

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 09, 2012 02:31 PM

Currently running AMP 7.3.7 with Aruba OS 5.0.3.3. I get all mismatches for all the AP's. What can I do to fix this? I went through the Airwave and Aruba setup guide and still get the mismatches.

• 2.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2012 05:25 PM

Mismatches occur when a device's actual configuration is different from AirWave's desired config.  For each device, there's an Audit page that details what the mismatched settings are. 

If the APs' actual configuration is what you want, then you can tell AirWave to want the same thing:

- For 1 AP at a time, go to its Manage page and click Import Settings

- To update many APs, go to a page with a list of them (for example, the APs/Devices tab), click Modify Devices, then check the devices you want to update and click the Import Settings button.

• 3.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 19, 2012 07:26 AM

So I have this "mismatch" thing in AirWave 7.4.7 and the import thing does not work (for long)  the mismatch goes away and then comes back.  It's like the Airwave daabase does not get changes.  Most of the mismatches are WLANs that have been removed from the controllers but Airwave seems to "think" they need to be there.

Is there a way to just clear the airwave data?

• 4.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2012 08:20 AM

@phil wrote:

So I have this "mismatch" thing in AirWave 7.4.7 and the import thing does not work (for long)  the mismatch goes away and then comes back.  It's like the Airwave daabase does not get changes.  Most of the mismatches are WLANs that have been removed from the controllers but Airwave seems to "think" they need to be there.

Is there a way to just clear the airwave data?

if you are NOT managing the controller configuration through Airwave, mismatches will occur everytime you make a change on the controller, so it merely reflects this inconsistency.  If you DO NOT having experience managing the controller configuration from Airwave, you should ignore the mismatches and download and read the Airwave "Aruba Configuration Guide" from the support website.  You can even remove the "Mismatches" heading from the top display by going to AMP Setup> Top Header and unchecking "Mismatched" while you review the guide.  

Once again, having mismatches displayed is not an issue unless you are  managing the entire controller config through Airwave, but putting a controller in Managed Mode could potentially wipe out the config on your controller, so please review the Aruba Configuration guide thoroughly.

• 5.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 19, 2012 09:08 AM

Thanks - I'll do that.  We are not managing with AirWave.  Just wondering why the AMP thinks there are profiles on the controller that no longer exist; after an import of the config on AirWave?  I'll read up.

:smileyhappy:

• 6.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 21, 2012 01:50 PM

Airwave doesn't automatically update the desired configuration of the controller when changes are made on the controller.  This is intentional.  This is the behavior you want if you are managing the configuration on the your controllers from Airwave. The profiles you're seeing were added to the desired configuration on the AMP at some point and will remain there until they are explicitly removed.

If you are not managing configuration you can do one of two things:

1. Ignore the mismatches.  They really don't hurt anything in terms of monitoring.  They really have no significant effect on the operation of your AMP if all your devices are monitor only.
    2. Update the desired configuration from your devices.  On the audit  page for the controller there will be an 'Import' button.  Importing will update the desired configuration from the device (with a few small limitations) and the mismatches should disappear.  You may also need to do an import settings on the device manage page.

Which you chose is up to you, but number 1 is less work if you make frequent changes to your device configurations.  Number 2 is handy if your configurations are fairly stable and you want to know when something changes on your devices.

• 7.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 21, 2012 01:53 PM

Reading this again, I realize I missed an important point in my reply.

Does the controller go into a 'Good' state after the import and then go into 'Mismatched' later?

• 8.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 21, 2012 09:11 PM

That is exactly what is happening.  I am not using AirWave to manage - just monitor.  The "import does not seem to work. ???

• 9.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2012 02:55 AM

The Import works, when you do a import. the device configuration will show good. till you change anything on the device.

Note: If its set to use group based config. we could only import one configuration per group for the same device type.

For example you have three controllers all are masters and they all in one group. you could only have one controller showing good config.

• 10.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 22, 2012 12:07 PM

Okay.  I suspect what you are seeing is this:

• The controller is mismatched, so you do an import.
    • The import works, the device goes into a Good state, the desired configuration now matches the actual configuration.
    • Someone makes a change on the controller.
    • The next time Airwave audits the configuration on the device it notices the change in the actual configuration and it shows as mismatched.

Repeating these steps continues with the same results.

One option you have if you really don't care about the desired config in Airwave is to go to the Groups->Basic page for the group the device is in and set "Audit Configuration on Devices" to "no".  This would eliminate showing the mismatches.  This may be what you want in this case.

• 11.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 22, 2012 12:54 PM

Nope ---  No changes made.  It's like the AirWave data is not be updated.

I have a case open now - maybe a resolution will come forward.  :smileyhappy:

• 12.  RE: Mismatches in AirWatch

Posted Feb 27, 2012 06:01 PM

So, since we are using AirWave to monitor only; there is a setting under: AMP Setup > General >  Use Global Aruba Configuration:  We cahnged this from "yes" (the default) to "no"  Did an import on the mismatched Master Controller and an Audit on the Local Controller.  All is well now. :smileyhappy: