Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Missing Log entry

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Missing Log entry

Posted Feb 14, 2014 11:15 AM

Good day all,

A couple of weeks ago we seend to have stopped recieving the "Assoc success" messages our InfoSec Officer loves to use to track missing equipment. I don't remember chainging our logging levels recently on anything, but for the life of me I can seem to get the system to generate those events any longer.

We're running 6.3.1.2 and I have the following logging settings, either of  which I thought would bring back the Assoc success messages:

logging level notifications system process stm subcat all
    logging level notifications system subcat all

An example of the full syslog line I'm trying to bring back:

Nov 5 08:22:04 wireless stm[1853]: <501100> <NOTI> <wireless xx.xx.xx.xx> Assoc success @ 08:22:04.544822: mm:mm:mm:mm:mm:mm AP xx.xx.xx.xx-mm:mm:mm:mm:mm:mm-AP.Location

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer!

• 2.  RE: Missing Log entry

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2014 10:04 AM

Are you receiving other syslog messgages?  

• 3.  RE: Missing Log entry
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2014 06:44 AM

Thanks to an excellent student worker who had the spare cycles to dig through docs, the necessary logging config entry needed was:

logging level notifications user process stm

His google-fu was much stronger than mine on a Friday afternoon. Posting back so the next poor admin with no time can find this easily with less pouring through the syslog refrence guide pdf.

Cheers