Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Missing add button for Firewall Policies

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Missing add button for Firewall Policies

Posted Nov 25, 2013 05:35 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am trying to create a test captive portal using the guide from http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/For-the-Beginner-Configuring-a-Guest-WLAN-with-the-Controller/ta-p/31550

Unfortunately, I cannot find add button under the firewall policies. Is this removed on version 6.1.3.x? See the attachment. I also tried another browser but it is the same. How can this be done on CLI?

Currently, I am using arubaos ver 6.1.3.9

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Oliver

• 2.  RE: Missing add button for Firewall Policies

Posted Nov 25, 2013 07:26 AM

A couple of things:

- is this a local controller ? if it is then you need to add this from the master 

- Make sure you have a PEF license installed

- CLear your cache on your browser or try another browser

• 3.  RE: Missing add button for Firewall Policies

Posted Nov 25, 2013 07:42 AM

The screenshot you posted, doesn't have a "master" tab at the top (which therefore indicates you are on the master controller), so my guess is you don't have a PEF-NG license.

Click "configuration" at the top, then "controller" under "network" on the left. Then in the lower row of tabs toward the top of the screen click licenses. What do you see in there (they show up towards the bottom of the page).

• 4.  RE: Missing add button for Firewall Policies

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 25, 2013 03:10 PM

Yes...licenses are suspect.  Can you ssh and do a show licenses?

• 5.  RE: Missing add button for Firewall Policies

Posted Nov 25, 2013 08:49 PM

Thanks. I'll try to check the license again. I had write erase all the controller a few weeks back and I think I have not loaded the PEF license.

Oliver