Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

Posted Apr 25, 2017 04:12 PM

Hi, is there a way to integrate a Mobility Controller 7005 with a IAP VC Cluster?

I need that client of the SSID 'ABC' of the IAP Cluster make roaming with the SSID 'ABC' of Mobility Controller 7005.

What documentation I need to read to deploy this scenario?

Best regards,

• 2.  RE: Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 04:39 PM

Maybe the best way is to have the IAPs bridge users to the same VLAN as the APs on the 7005.  There is no formal way to support that, so maybe putting clients on the same VLAN is probably a workaround.  With that being said, sessions might not be resumed when you roam from one to the other.  You might want to ultimately get a larger controller and convert all of your IAPs to campus APs and run them on the controller.

• 3.  RE: Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 04:39 PM

Maybe the best way is to have the IAPs bridge users to the same VLAN as the APs on the 7005.  There is no formal way to support that, so maybe putting clients on the same VLAN is probably a workaround.  With that being said, sessions might not be resumed when you roam from one to the other.  You might want to ultimately get a larger controller and convert all of your IAPs to campus APs and run them on the controller.

• 4.  RE: Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

Posted Apr 25, 2017 04:49 PM

Hi.

I see that IAP have VPN configuration with a Controller. Can I make VPN between IAP VC and 7005 Controller?

With it, I could make a users roaming? same SSID and same VLAN ( IAP and 7005 Controller)

Regards

• 5.  RE: Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 05:00 PM

If you do the IAP-VPN configuration, those users will be tunneled to the controller and end up on a VLAN that comes out of the controller.  What I am not sure about is users roaming from IAP-VPN Connected APs to controller APs.  Is that what  you are talking about?

• 6.  RE: Mobility Controller 7005 Integration with IAP

Posted Apr 25, 2017 06:05 PM
    Yes.