Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Controller-Virtual Appliance-50 Data Ports

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mobility Controller-Virtual Appliance-50 Data Ports

Posted Apr 08, 2019 12:56 PM

Hi Experts,

Could I use 10 Gbps ports? In that case, could I do an aggregate 30Gbps link with 3 10Gbps ports? Would not there be a problem on the part of the Aruba MC-VA-50?

Regards

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Mobility Controller-Virtual Appliance-50 Data Ports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 04:33 AM

If your hypervisor infrastructure supports 10G interfaces, you can use them for the VMC.

This sounds to me like a theoretical question as 30 Gbps for max 50 APs/800 clients (for the MC-VA-50) doesn't sound in balance to me. It could be that you are planning to deploy a corner-case scenario, which is good to verify with your local Aruba contacts to avoid that something is overseen in your specific situation.

• 3.  RE: Mobility Controller-Virtual Appliance-50 Data Ports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 09, 2019 10:00 AM

A few things. If you're going to use multiple interface in LAG on the hypervisor, that requires Enterprise Plus licensing to enable LAG and dvSwitch across multiple hypervisors. Otherwise, follow in the installation guide. Each VMC utilizes 10G virtual interfaces as part of the VM. I would also note that no single VMC can exceed 10G in crypto throughput (a VMC 50 would be well below 10G), as such, there's not much value in LAG'ing 3x10G on the hypervisor when 2 would provide redundancy. 

• 4.  RE: Mobility Controller-Virtual Appliance-50 Data Ports

Posted Apr 09, 2019 12:09 PM

Hi herman

I just said it as an example to know how much bandwidth I can get for each interface for the (MC-VA-50).

Regards