Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

Posted Sep 27, 2019 10:31 AM

Can someone help me to see why my mobility controller vrrp vr state is INIT?

Thanks!

Linda

• 2.  RE: Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2019 11:20 AM

Did you configure it with a VLAN?

Did you give it an IP address?

• 3.  RE: Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

Posted Sep 27, 2019 11:23 AM

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. Vlan and IP configured.

• 4.  RE: Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

Posted Sep 27, 2019 11:26 AM

Did you give the command " no shut ". ? This acts a start-up event and initiates advertisements.

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

• 5.  RE: Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

Posted Sep 27, 2019 01:00 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Please let me know what to 'no shutdown'. ports? yes

• 6.  RE: Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2019 04:05 PM
    I meant the VRRP.

Example,
    VRRP 100
    No shutdown

• 7.  RE: Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

Posted Oct 10, 2019 06:38 PM
    Done no shut on vrrp and still the same

• 8.  RE: Mobility Controller : how to change vrrp vr state from INIT to Master/BACKUP

Posted Oct 10, 2019 07:33 PM

Did you save the configuration with a "write memory"?

What is the output of " show vrrp <vrrp id> statistics "

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.