Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Mobility Master in AWS

At the moment we have a dozen offices, each with dual controllers running 6.2 in master active/standby mode...

We would love to upgrade to version 8, and use the benefits it provides, but finding it hard to do so.

You see each of our offices have no servers, simply network gear, conencted to the internet & AWS.

The dilemma i have is that i cant spin up a mobility master in AWS.

Is this possible, if not is it on the road map, and finally is there an alternative solution?

Aruba Employee

Re: Mobility Master in AWS

I recommend reaching out to your local Aruba account team/SE for options and any roadmap information they can share.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Occasional Contributor II

Hey,

you might want to check this out:
https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws

This looks to me like it could work.

My normal solution would be to rent a server or two in a datacenter and Install a vm-hypervisor you like and simply spin up the VMs provided by aruba. Maybe Proxmox is a cheap and easy solution for this.

Greetings,
Hendrik

~~~
WiFi Enthusiast | ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the recommendation.

Unfortuantely neither work for us, so my guess is we will have to wait or look at other vendors..

Guru Elite

Ivan,

Please contact your Aruba representative to understand your needs.  ArubaOS 8.x is new, but depending on what you are trying to accomplish, it is not a requirement.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: