Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master in AWS

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master in AWS

Posted May 28, 2018 07:55 PM

At the moment we have a dozen offices, each with dual controllers running 6.2 in master active/standby mode...

We would love to upgrade to version 8, and use the benefits it provides, but finding it hard to do so.

You see each of our offices have no servers, simply network gear, conencted to the internet & AWS.

The dilemma i have is that i cant spin up a mobility master in AWS.

Is this possible, if not is it on the road map, and finally is there an alternative solution?

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master in AWS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2018 11:20 AM

I recommend reaching out to your local Aruba account team/SE for options and any roadmap information they can share.

• 3.  RE: Mobility Master in AWS

Posted May 29, 2018 11:32 AM

Hey,

you might want to check this out:
    https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws

This looks to me like it could work.

My normal solution would be to rent a server or two in a datacenter and Install a vm-hypervisor you like and simply spin up the VMs provided by aruba. Maybe Proxmox is a cheap and easy solution for this.

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• 4.  RE: Mobility Master in AWS

Posted Jun 05, 2018 04:18 AM

Thanks for the recommendation.

Unfortuantely neither work for us, so my guess is we will have to wait or look at other vendors..

• 5.  RE: Mobility Master in AWS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2018 04:37 AM

Ivan,

Please contact your Aruba representative to understand your needs.  ArubaOS 8.x is new, but depending on what you are trying to accomplish, it is not a requirement.