Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master questions

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master questions

Posted Aug 03, 2017 07:37 AM

Hi

We plan to start implementation of AOS 8 as green field deployments for two customers during the autumn.

A central Mobility Master and Airwave environment will be responsible for managment and monitoring of the two new customers and future new AOS 8.x customers.

In the Mobility master I understand that management user roles can be assigned to managment users. But how do I create my own roles and delegate permissions to different levels in the network configuration hierarchy?

A second question related to objects in the network configuration hierarchy is how do I move a managed device in the hierarchy?

Regards

Jonas Hammarbäck

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:24 AM

For admins on the MM, you can designate which nodes they have management access over, but note that all admins will be able to manage the MM and can see all the other nodes. If your plan is to have the two customers have their own completely private view and admin control of the MM dashboard, you will need to provide each customer their own MM.

To move a controller from one node to another, right now you will have to delete and re-add the device. That said, in 8.2 there will be functionality to move controllers with a move command. 

• 3.  RE: Mobility Master questions

Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:32 AM

Ok, we will deliver this as managed services,thus the customer will not have access to MM.

How do I designate which nodes each admin should me granted permission to manage?

Regards

Jonas Hammarbäck

• 4.  RE: Mobility Master questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 03, 2017 08:59 AM

You define it when the admin account is created, it will ask what node they have access to.