Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master shows no IP addresses for clients

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master shows no IP addresses for clients

Posted Sep 06, 2019 05:05 AM

We are currently replacing our campus HP network with Aruba kit (approx 150 buildings) and as part of that we've also set up a couple of wireless controllers and mobility master VM servers.  We're rolling out just over 110 AP's and at the moment have just over 30 online.  We do have Airwave but it's not set up yet.

What we have noticed is that in the client overview section all the information is populated except for IP address.  We see MAC, speed, band, OS, etc but the actual IP's of the clients are all blank.  I assume that since the column is there by default it should be populated.

Have we missed something basic?  Is there a command I should be using on the access switches (2930M's)?  Troubleshooting on MM installs says that ARP problems may occur if the VM environment switches are not set to promiscuous mode.  Might that be it?  Anyone has this before?

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master shows no IP addresses for clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2019 05:29 AM

Are the MMs and the MD (controllers) on the same version of ArubaOS?

• 3.  RE: Mobility Master shows no IP addresses for clients

Posted Sep 06, 2019 07:41 AM

Hi there.  The 2 controllers and 2 MM servers are all on 8.4.0.0_68230.  Airwave and Clearpass servers have been built but not set up or integrated yet beyond giving the boxes an IP address to reach them ready to do the integration.

• 4.  RE: Mobility Master shows no IP addresses for clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 06, 2019 07:45 AM

There have been multiple fixed bugs for display issues on ArubaOS 8.4.0.0.  I would upgrade the MM to 8.4.0.4 and see if things improve.

• 5.  RE: Mobility Master shows no IP addresses for clients

Posted Sep 06, 2019 08:51 AM

We saw the upgrade was available but we're waiting on our Aruba vendor expert coming back on site to set up Airwave and Clearpass before we do it.  We'll see if the upate cures the issue.  Cheers.