Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master - wired clients

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master - wired clients

Posted Jun 19, 2019 01:43 PM

I'm in the process of building my MM network. Just for reference I have 2MMs(primary and backup) and 2 VMCs in a cluster. I am running 8.4.0.3

I have one AP and one WLAN configured, just for testing.

I'm not sure of the timing - either a configuration change I made or the upgrade to 8.4 - all of the sudden I am seeing 150-200 wired clients. None of these are actual clients, just devices that the controller(s) see on the network. One of which is the gateway address and another is the other controller.

So - did I misconfigure something or is this a functioning as designed in 8.4?

I'd like to not see these "clients" that aren't attempting to connect through my controller.

Thanks for any input.

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master - wired clients

Posted Jun 19, 2019 02:29 PM

Make sure that the Mobility Controllers physical ports are set to “Trusted” and the necessary VLANs are also "Trusted" 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: Mobility Master - wired clients

Posted Jun 19, 2019 02:54 PM

It was set, but a reboot fixed the issue. The controller was acting weird since I upgraded - could ping, but could not ssh or web to it directly.

On a side note - did they remove the local-config enable command in 8.4(didn't seem to work) and if so does something else replace it?

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Mobility Master - wired clients
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2019 03:09 PM
    Not quite sure if it was removed but you can also use the “#disaster-recovery on”

Just make sure that you update the MM with the changes you are planning to execute when enabling disaster recovery

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 5.  RE: Mobility Master - wired clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 04:59 PM

local-config was removed because of all the issues it was creating with config sync.