Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MobilityMaster not reachable from Wifi

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  MobilityMaster not reachable from Wifi

Posted Sep 23, 2020 05:07 AM

Hi.

Not sure i'm posting in the right section and my apologies should that be the case.

I have a scenario where we can't reach the MobilityMaster VIP from our Wifi network.

I can ping and reach the physical network interface for each of our servers but not the VIP.

Is this a feature that one shouldn't reach the VIP from Wifi or is there something wrong with out setup?

Everything else is working fine.

• 2.  RE: MobilityMaster not reachable from Wifi

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 23, 2020 06:34 AM

What you say WiFi network, is the client VLAN or the Managed Device network? Is this a VM MM and is the VRRP correctly configured?

• 3.  RE: MobilityMaster not reachable from Wifi

Posted Sep 23, 2020 06:45 AM

Hi Craig

It's the client VLAN that were having the issue with.

And only if it's thru a wifi connection, same VLAN used on a wired connection works fine.

It is a VM MM.

I do think the VRRP is corretly configured as it's working as intended when tested.

/Lee

• 4.  RE: MobilityMaster not reachable from Wifi

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 23, 2020 06:48 AM

Might be asking the obvious here but does the User Role + ACL assigned to the client permit the access? How far does your traceroute get? Do you have a requirement for the Client VLAN to ping the MM VRRP?

• 5.  RE: MobilityMaster not reachable from Wifi

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 23, 2020 08:14 AM

Do the two subnets/VLANs have to traverse a firewall. I have seen in the past that a security team allows access to the IPs of the devices/VMs, but fail to include the VIP address. Have you checked on this?

• 6.  RE: MobilityMaster not reachable from Wifi

Posted Oct 01, 2020 04:28 AM

Hello. 

Sorry for my long silence. 

I will look in to your sugestions and see i can find anything related to our problem.

/Lee