Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

Posted Mar 04, 2016 09:21 AM

Hi everyone, 

We have a client that have a deployment with several IAP 205 in a warehouse. He has some motorola scanners PDT that are configured to connecto to the SSID of this IAP. When for any reason he has to reboot the scanners, after they come online, they lose the WIFI Profile. They actually come online with an old configured WIFI Profile he had before installing the IAPs. 

The client keeps saying the issue is with the IAPs but I keep trying to explain him that seems like an issue of the scanner. I was wondering if anyone had encounter this issue before when working with scanners?

Regards

• 2.  RE: Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2016 03:11 PM

I am not sure that the wifi can force a device to lose a profile.

• 3.  RE: Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

Posted Mar 04, 2016 06:44 PM

I'm sure it cant, however the client says he tested with another AP and using a different SSID and after rebooting the scanners, it didnt lose the wifi profile.

• 4.  RE: Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2016 07:09 PM

Yes, but that would be the scanner's problem....:(

• 5.  RE: Motorola Scanner losing WIFI profile

Posted Mar 04, 2016 07:44 PM

We use Motorola bar-code scanners and manage them centrally - the management suite tracks the "correct" configuration of our client devices by their IP address - perhaps the different AP drops them into a different VLAN and they don't get overwritten with "corrected" configurations?  Maybe they could look at the management suite.

I'm in agreement that it's a client-side thing.